Thursday, October 7, 2010

Something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new ... SOMETHING AWESOME.

I did not have any of those first four somethings on my wedding day.  I didn't really even stop to think about it until the day of, to be honest.  I guess I had a new dress and new necklace (thanks, Pat!), and new lots of other stuff bought just for that day.  I guess I had old shoes and old earrings.  I guess I just didn't have anything borrowed or blue.

But, just because I didn't have the first four somethings, definitely DID NOT stop that last one something from describing every. single. thing. that happened to us on March 20, 2010.  We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day; the ceremony, reception, music, photographers, flowers, and of course ... family and friends!

And, this post is about something so freakin' sweet - something so awesome, I had to share it on this blog.  It's about preservation of our wedding day.  I have the photos, and I have some tokens - the vase, the cake plate, the dress, and the flowers.  Yes, the flowers.  And, I didn't just have them dried and put in a frame ... I had them painted into artwork. Yes, painted into artwork.

I had read somewhere about drying flowers and having them added into a custom painting to preserve them; so, after that, I always said that when I got married, I would do that with my bouquet.  Some of you may not know, but Pat proposed with a bouquet of roses and the ring was on a ribbon tied around the flowers; so I decided to get a painting made out of those as well.  We got that back a while ago (over a year), and it is great.  Very deep red, with the petals and leaves from the roses, with some black.  We were very impressed to say the least - it is a great painting, with sentimental value, and something that we'll be able to have and pass down.

So, fast forward a year, and some months later ... and we just got our painting with my wedding bouquet!  And, IT. IS. UNBELIEVABLE.  I can't say enough about how flippin' super this painting really is!  It is way above and beyond anything I ever expected, and I am in love with it.  Missy did an AWESOME job, and I'm so glad I decided to preserve my flowers this way.  (We would have sent Pat's boutonniere to be included as well, if it hadn't gotten so wilted and disheveled at the ultra-fun reception!)  So awesome, in fact, that I thought I'd share it here, along with a few of our favorite pics.

I also want to say that Missy & Heather at Flowers into Paintings were great to work with through the entire process.  They were very responsive to my emails, and always kept me up-to-date on the status of my flowers and paintings.  They asked for my input and any suggestions I had, as well as certain aspects I was looking for in my painting ... and then they did their work and Missy added her artistic talent, and Patrick & I ended up with two unbelievably awesome paintings!  We just love them both and we can't say enough great things about this whole experience and the artwork!

Some vendor info for those that might want to see or pass along ...
Also, all of the above pics were taken by Mattson Pictures of Michigan ... www.mattsonpictures.com. BEST photographers (also did our heading photo with our engagement session)!!!

Flowers were designed by Jen Cummins at Beautiful Blooms by Jen ... www.beautifulbloomsbyjen.com.  GREAT flower designer!

THANKS!!

    1 comment:

    Jen Cummins said...

    Love it! Thanks for the shout out!